- A trace of sweetness lingers
- at the crossing of our ways.
- Poinciana, palm and Maga
- on the hill above Cayey.
- Pretty melodies that charmed me
- danced in your eyes that day;
- warmth of your smile that changed me,
- and then you went away.
- I many times remember.
- Your goodness still remains.
- My song cannot forget you,
- your face - a sweet refrain.
- You've never failed to visit me,
- when beckoned by my memory.
- Now, you've said "no" to destiny,
- Returning here to comfort me,
- You made my heart your home!
More poetry by Les Blough
© Copyright 2008 by AxisofLogic.com
This material is available for republication as long as reprints include verbatim copy of the article its entirety, respecting its integrity. Reprints must cite the author and Axis of Logic as the original source including a "live link" to the article. Thank you!