|Lindsey Graham, John McCain, Bill Kristol|
US Senator Rand Paul recently urged President Trump not to choose neoconservative Elliott Abrams to serve in the No. 2 spot at the US State Department.
In an op-ed published in the libertarian website Rare, Paul argues…
“Elliott Abrams is a neoconservative too long in the
tooth to change his spots, and the president should have no reason to
trust that he would carry out a Trump agenda rather than a neocon
“Congress has good reason not to trust him — he was convicted of lying to Congress in his previous job.”
Paul added that Abrams’s “neocon agenda trumps his fidelity to the rule of law.”
“He is a loud voice for nation building and when asked
about the president’s opposition to nation building, Abrams said that
Trump was absolutely wrong; and during the election he was unequivocal
in his opposition to Donald Trump, going so far as to say, ‘the chair in
which Washington and Lincoln sat, he is not fit to sit.’”
If you look up neocon at merriam-webster.com, you are sent to the definition of neoconservative:
1: a former liberal espousing political conservatism
2: a conservative who advocates the assertive promotion of democracy
and U.S. national interest in international affairs including through
Here are 8 neocons that are gunning to take Trump down, and force America into more illegal wars and regime change operations.
1. Max Boot – Pushing to create a Syria “no-fly” zone…
|Max Boot, neocon|
- Max Boot is an American author, consultant, editorialist, lecturer, and military historian.
- He once described his ideas as “American might to promote American ideals.”
- Worked as a writer and editor for Christian Science Monitor and then for The Wall Street Journal in the 1990s.
- He is now Jeane J. Kirkpatrick Senior Fellow in National Security Studies at the Council on Foreign Relations.
- He has written for numerous publications such as The Weekly
Standard, The Los Angeles Times, and The New York Times, and he has also
authored books of military history.
- In September 2012, Boot co-wrote with Brookings Institution senior
fellow Michael Doran a New York Times op-ed titled “5 Reasons to
Intervene in Syria Now”, advocating U.S military force to create a
countrywide no-fly zone reminiscent of NATO’s role in the Kosovo War.
2. Robert Kagan and Victoria Nuland – The family of neocons…
|Robert Kagan and his wife, Victoria Nuland|
- Victoria Nuland was Obama’s Assistant Secretary of State for
European and Eurasian Affairs, married to the top imperial Neocon Robert
- Run a neocon family business that had Vicky Nuland engineer a hot war in Ukraine, and ramp up Cold War 2.0 with Russia.
- Robert Kagan works outside of government lobbying Congress into
jacking up military spending so America can meet “Nuland
created” security threats.
- An inside-outside team that creates the need for more military
spending, applies political pressure to ensure higher appropriations,
and watches as thankful weapons manufacturers lavish grants on
like-minded hawkish Washington think tanks.
- The Kagan clan includes Robert’s brother Frederick at the American
Enterprise Institute and his wife Kimberly, who runs her own shop called
the Institute for the Study of War.
- Kagan openly supported Hillary Clinton during the US elections.
3. John McCain and Lindsey Olin Graham – Congressional war hawks…
|John McCain, Joe Lieberman, Lindsey Graham, neocons|
- McCain and Graham are lifetime US Senators who sponsor American aggression and interventionism at every turn.
- A ‘husband and wife’ team that were leaders in pushing the Iraq WMD invasion on George W. Bush.
- Supported the dismemberment and destruction of Libya.
- McCain has been photographed meeting with various ISIS and Al Qaeda leaders in the run up to the destabilization of Syria.
- Both men worked closely with neo-nazi elements in Ukraine to
overthrow the democratically elected government of Viktor Yanukovych,
and place in power a far-right oligarch puppet regime in Ukraine.
- Both men are never shy to voice their disdain for Russia and Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- Highly critical of President Trump and his desire to build bridges with Russia.
4. Bill Kristol – Started the Project for the New American Century (PNAC)
|Bill Kristol, Started the Project for the New American Century (PNAC) |
- Bill Kristol recently said: “Decadent, lazy, spoiled, white working class” Americans should be replaced by immigrants.
- He is the founder and editor at large of the political magazine The
Weekly Standard and a political commentator on several TV networks.
- He was chairman of the New Citizenship Project from 1997 to 2005.
- He co-founded the Project for the New American Century (PNAC) with Robert Kagan.
- He is a member of the board of trustees for the free-market Manhattan Institute for Policy Research,
- He is also one of the three board members of Keep America Safe, a
think tank co-founded by Liz Cheney and Debra Burlingame, and serves on
the board of the Emergency Committee for Israel and the Susan B. Anthony
- Kristol supported the Bush administration’s decision to go to war with Iraq.
- In 2003, he and Lawrence Kaplan wrote The War Over Iraq, in which he described reasons for removing Saddam.
- Kristol predicted a “two month war, not an eight year war” during a March 28 CSPAN appearance.
- In the 2010 affair surrounding the disclosure of U.S. diplomatic
cables by WikiLeaks, Kristol spoke strongly against the organization and
suggested using “our various assets to harass, snatch or neutralize
Julian Assange and his collaborators, wherever they are.”
- In March 2011, he wrote an editorial in The Weekly Standard arguing
that the United States’ military interventions in Muslim countries
(including the Gulf War, the Kosovo War, the War in Afghanistan, and the
Iraq War) should not be classified as “invasions”, but rather as
- Kristol backed Obama’s decision to intervene in the 2011 Libyan civil war and urged fellow conservatives to support the action.
- Kristol recently said that President Trump treats Putin ‘with more respect’ than John Lewis.
5. Elliot Abrams – The neocon’s Trump insider…
|Elliot Abrahms, – The neocon’s Trump insider…|
- Elliott Abrams is reportedly under consideration to be deputy secretary of state.
- Politico’s reports that Abrams is meeting with President Trump on
Tuesday, and that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson supports him for the
- His first big job came in the Reagan administration, where he was assistant secretary of state.
- The independent counsel investigating the the Iran-Contra affair
considered charging Abrams with several felonies, but Abrams agreed to
plead guilty to two misdemeanor cases of withholding evidence. He was
later pardoned by President George H.W. Bush.
- When Bush’s son became president eight years later, he appointed
Abrams deputy assistant to the president and deputy national security
adviser, supervising U.S. policy in the Middle East.
- Abrams was a supporter of the Iraq war and took a lead on Israeli-Palestinian issues.
- He’s now a senior fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations and
writes for a variety of outlets, including items posted on The Atlantic.
6. Michael Weiss – The next generation, hipster, neocon…
|Michael Weiss – The next generation, hipster, neocon…|
- Weiss has served as co-chair of the Russia Studies Centre at the Henry Jackson Society (HJS).
- Weiss currently serves as the editor-in-chief for the online magazine Interpreter, which translates and analyzes Russian news.
- He is also senior editor of The Daily Beast, a regular columnist for Foreign Policy magazine.
- In 2015, he co-wrote the book ISIS: Inside the Army of Terror with Hassan Hassan.
- In November 2014, Weiss published a special report in his online
magazine the Interpreter that accused Russia of waging “propaganda and
- Went on CNN and proclaimed that Trump a fascist; like Stalin.
- Advocates placing “small but effective U.S. garrisons indefinitely in eastern and northeastern Syria and western Iraq.”
7. Eliot Cohen – First neocon to advocate for war against Iran and Iraq…
|Eliot Cohen, neocon|
- Eliot Asher Cohen was a counselor in the United States Department of State under Condoleezza Rice from 2007 to 2009.
- Cohen is the Director of the Strategic Studies Program at the Paul
H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies of the Johns Hopkins
- He is a specialist in the Middle East, Persian Gulf, Iraq, arms control, and NATO.
- Cohen was one of the first neoconservatives to publicly advocate war against Iran and Iraq.
- Cohen wrote an op-ed piece in the Washington Post on 3 March 2014,
between the ousting of Viktor Yanukovich on 22 February and the Crimean
referendum on 16 March. In it, he maintains that “Putin is indeed a
brutal Great Russian nationalist who understands that Russia without a
belt of subservient client states is not merely a very weak power but
also vulnerable to the kind of upheaval that toppled Yanukovych’s
corrupt and oppressive regime.”
- Fiercely critical of President Trump and Steve Ban
8. Hillary Clinton – A top neocon dressed in liberal left clothing
|Hillary Clinton, George Bush, neocons|
- Several neoconservatives have spent years admiring Hillary Clinton’s
penchant for supporting every foreign war or military escalation in the
- Kagan said in 2014: “I feel comfortable with her on foreign
policy…If she pursues a policy which we think she will pursue, it’s
something that might have been called neocon, but clearly her supporters
are not going to call it that; they are going to call it something
- Hillary’s neocon
résumé includes Serbia where she urged an initially reluctant Bill
Clinton to launch what became a two-and-a-half month bombing campaign
that killed many thousands of Serb civilians. In urging this carnage on
the president, she used the false claim that lethal military force was
required to stop Hitler-like “genocide” in Yugoslavia.
- Hillary’s neocon résumé includes a YES vote for an Iraq invasion as a U.S. Senator.
- Hillary’s neocon
résumé a coup in Honduras with bogus claims that, then President
Zelaya, had been trying to establish a dictatorship and that Hondurans
had after the coup experienced “free and fair elections” that restored
“democratic and constitutional government” in Honduras.
- Hillary’s neocon
résumé includes the removal of Momar Gadaffi – “a hero to black Africa”
because of his efforts to create a progressive pan-African Union and
his decent treatment of Black Libyans – through U.S.-led Western force
turned Libya into a jihadist nightmare zone.
- Hillary’s neocon résumé includes her staunch support for the removal of Syrian President Assad and the destabilization of Syria.
- Hillary Clinton has consistently sought to demonize and isolate
Russia, blaming the Ukraine crisis on “Putin’s imperialism” and
endlessly justifying Washington’s relentless provocation of Russia.
- Hillary’s close ally is top neocon insider and Ukraine coup architect, Victoria Nuland.
Source: The Duran